Online examinations are increasingly becoming popular in India. Almost all graduate and post-graduate level exams have gone online or are in the transition period. The limitations of the paper-based tests have left administrators with little choice and the developments in technology have given them an excellent alternative. With information technology becoming an integral part of everyday life, conducting online examinations has become feasible and easy.
The traditional system of conducting exams with a paper and pen has the following disadvantages:
- The process of conducting an exam is time consuming for administrative staff and teaching community.
- It is difficult and time taking to analyze the answers manually (of course the OMR sheet reduces this burden to an extent).
- Scalability is limited when the number of candidates taking an exam increases.
- Results and analysis are not precise.
- There are security issues with papers being delivered to the venues physically.
- Mal-practice is prevalent since there is human intervention at every step.
- Storing historical information is difficult and tedious.
In comparison, the online examination system offers the following benefits:
- It is less time consuming and more efficient.
- Reduced usage of resources.
- Correction and analysis are automated and easier.
- Results can be accessed almost instantaneously.
- Records of previous exams can be stored online and can be retrieved easily.
- It is relatively secure since it reduces human intervention.
Of course, we are assuming that it is feasible and the required infrastructure and support system is present.
vTesting is an online examination and assessment platform used by Institutes and Organizations. If you are interested in conducting an online exam, write to email@example.com or visit www.hubvirt.com for more information.