Posts Tagged easy test maker
XYZ Technologies Pvt. Ltd. is a technology company which has an employee pool consisting of web developers, UI designers, test engineers and sales personnel. The company hired through job portals, recruitment agencies and the usual channels. The HR team would sift through hundreds of resumes before short listing a handful for processing. The potential candidates would then be put through various stages of selection.
The company was looking to simplify and quicken its hiring process. One of the ways was to conduct a screening test on various technologies for potential employees. The performance in the test would be used as a basis for calling the candidates for an interview. Since, the number of candidates who would be taking the test is in hundreds, it would be an enormous task calling them all to the office and take them through a paper based test and then correcting them manually.
hubVirt provided them their online exam platform named vTesting.
Outcome: The time taken in the entire process (until an offer has been made) reduced by nearly 50% by using vTesting. It also helped in reducing the effort required by the HR team in pre-screening the candidates and for conducting a test, correcting the answers manually and sorting the scores. The company saw clear gains in using the online platform vTesting in conducting screening test and thus getting a better hold on its recruitment process.
Read more at this link: vTesting for shortening recruitment cycle
Online examinations are increasingly becoming popular in India. Almost all graduate and post-graduate level exams have gone online or are in the transition period. The limitations of the paper-based tests have left administrators with little choice and the developments in technology have given them an excellent alternative. With information technology becoming an integral part of everyday life, conducting online examinations has become feasible and easy.
The traditional system of conducting exams with a paper and pen has the following disadvantages:
- The process of conducting an exam is time consuming for administrative staff and teaching community.
- It is difficult and time taking to analyze the answers manually (of course the OMR sheet reduces this burden to an extent).
- Scalability is limited when the number of candidates taking an exam increases.
- Results and analysis are not precise.
- There are security issues with papers being delivered to the venues physically.
- Mal-practice is prevalent since there is human intervention at every step.
- Storing historical information is difficult and tedious.
In comparison, the online examination system offers the following benefits:
- It is less time consuming and more efficient.
- Reduced usage of resources.
- Correction and analysis are automated and easier.
- Results can be accessed almost instantaneously.
- Records of previous exams can be stored online and can be retrieved easily.
- It is relatively secure since it reduces human intervention.
Of course, we are assuming that it is feasible and the required infrastructure and support system is present.
vTesting is an online examination and assessment platform used by Institutes and Organizations. If you are interested in conducting an online exam, write to email@example.com or visit www.hubvirt.com for more information.